Open to PublicSelf-paced
Becoming Global Citizens for a Sustainable Society
|Application||09-01-2019 ~ 09-30-2019|
|Learning||09-30-2019 ~ 10-31-2019(5 weeks)|
About the Course
This course introduces the SDGs and global citizenship through the series of lectures by renowned international experts, interviews with scholars and UN representatives, and case presentations by global citizens all around the world.
The course aims to examine and critically reflect on the revolving issues around global citizenship and sustainable development by providing a platform where learners can virtually meet and learn from one another.
Learners will be able to deepen their understanding of the SDGs and global citizenship, exchange and embrace different perspectives, and challenge their own assumptions. The course invites those who see themselves as global citizens as well as who aspire to assume active roles in bringing meaningful changes to oneself and to the society they are in.
|1||Global Citizenship and the SDGs||
1) Understanding global citizenship in the context of the SDGs.
2) Why & What is Global Citizenship?
3) Issues Around Global Citizenship
|2||Global Citizenship in a Challenging World||
Key Challenges to Global Citizenship
- Poverty & Glocal Justice
- Consumerism & Eco Justice
- Peace & Preventing Violent Extremism
- Media Influence and Critical Literacy
- Globalization & Migration
- Gender Equality
|3||Act to Change: Global Citizenship for Transformation||
1) Highlights and Key Issues of the SDGs
2) Global Partnership for Achieving the SDGs
|4||Meet the Global Citizens Around the World||Case studies of innovative movements and cases of global citizens|
|5||Plan for Action: Becoming Active Global Citizens||
1) How to become active global citizens
2) Advocacy tools and strategies