About GCED Online Campus
GCED Online Campus is an e-learning platform on Global Citizenship Education by APCEIU.
The platform provides GCED online courses for educators, special lecture series, case videos of GCED initiatives, and GCED-related teaching & learning materials. All courses and contents are free and accessible to every educator who is interested in GCED!
Having such e-learning resources at their fingertips, educators are encouraged to promote GCED in various settings, including classrooms, schools, and local communities.
This will ultimately contribute to what APCEIU has long been advocating: Learning to Live Together.
APCEIU is a UNESCO Category 2 Centre established in 2000 by the Agreement between the
Government of the Republic of Korea and UNESCO in order to promote and develop Education for International
Understanding (EIU) and Global Citizenship Education (GCED) with UNESCO Member States.
APCEIU has played a pivotal role in promoting GCED reflected in both the UNESCO Education 2030 and UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Global Citizenship Education (GCED) aims to empower learners to actively face and resolve global challenges and contribute to making a more peaceful, tolerant, inclusive and secure world. 'Global citizenship' is a sense of belonging to a broader community and common humanity. It emphasizes political, economic, social and cultural interdependency and interconnectedness between the local, the national and the global. GCED aims to influence learners to develop this sense and to play active roles through three core conceptual dimensions: cognitive, socio-emotional, and behavioural.
Core Conceptual Dimensions of GCED
- Learners acquire knowledge and understanding of local, national and global issues and the interconnectedness and interdependency of different countries and populations.
- Learners develop skills for critical thinking and analysis.
- Learners experience a sense of belonging to a common humanity, sharing values and responsibilities, based on human rights.
- Learners develop attitudes of empathy, solidarity and respect for differences and diversity.
- Learners act effectively and responsibly at local, national and global levels for a more peaceful and sustainable world.
- Learners develop motivation and willingness to take necessary actions.
Source: Global Citizenship Education: Topics and Learning Objectives; UNESCO 2015; p.15
For more informationhttp://unescoapceiu.org/
Designed to introduce GCED (Global Citizenship Education) to wider audiences in the world, open courses are run throughout the year or several times per year.
Currently available course :
- Becoming Global Citizens for a Sustainable Society
- Climate Changein Practice
- Critical Media Literacy
- GCED 101 : Introduction to GCED
- GCED & COVID-19 Pandemic
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment : A Pathway to Sustainable Devalopment
- Understanding Conflicts and the Process of Peaceful Resolution : What educator can, and should do to promote peace?
Courses by Registration
Courses on thematic areas and pedagogical approaches of GCED are offered for educators to enhance their capacity to implement GCED. The courses are based on an application and selection procedure. Please see course information of each course for details as requirements and application period may vary by course.
Special Lecture Series on GCED offers short video lectures by speakers, lecturers, and professionals in the field of GCED from around the world. The videos feature philosophy and background of GCED, various issues and key topics of GCED, including human rights, justice and peace, sustainable development, gender equality, and intercultural understanding, as well as diversified approaches and transformative pedagogies of GCED. All videos are open to the public!
Good practices and case studies of GCED in different corners of the world, interviews with global citizens, and case presentations of innovative initiatives of GCED are introduced in various forms of audio-visual materials.